IMPORTANT - PLEASE REVIEW IN FULL:
* We consider your purchase to be an investment piece, and it is created with this ideal in mind. On that note, once you place your order, we will contact you by email within 24 to 48 hours so that we may begin the process of receiving from you the details necessary to create your piece (sizes, etc.) Additionally, you are welcome to reach out to us at any time to ask questions, request updates, etc.
* All items are custom-made for the benefit of your particular sizing needs, as well as to accommodate any requested changes/modifications (color, fabric type, trim, etc.) to the standard piece featured in our catalog.
*Size information and other order details. As we keep saying, your particular piece is custom-made for you, based on requested size dimensions and other factors, including choice/color of fabric. We must, obviously, rely on the accuracy of the information that you provide to us, and that accuracy is your responsibility. For example, when we ask for you to provide specific size dimensions, we can only create off of what you give to us. If that information ultimately proves to be incorrect, we cannot accept responsibility for the ill-fitting piece that may result.
* Production time typically runs anywhere from three to six weeks. Rush orders may be accepted, depending on our ability to accommodate your specific “need-by” date, but please note that an additional charge will typically apply. Please be sure to contact us before you place your order if your need-by date is sooner than that which would fall within our standard window of production time.
* Orders for children. We apologize, but we do not create pieces for children 12 years and younger.
* Order cancellations. If you find it necessary to cancel an order before it is completed and shipped, any applicable refunds will be handled on a case-by-case basis, and will take into account the material that has already been purchased, as well as the time that has been invested to that point in creating your piece. Because every situation is different, it is difficult to apply a uniform policy with regard to order cancellations, but all involved are expected to abide by a “reasonable person standard.” For example: If you decide to cancel your order almost immediately, before any fabric has been ordered and any work has been put in to creating your piece, you would likely receive a full refund. Conversely, if you decide to cancel in the days leading up to the completion and shipping of your piece, no refund will be forthcoming. As for orders canceled at any time in-between, we reserve the right to determine the appropriate amount to refund back to you, and that determination is made with consideration to fabric and any other materials purchased, as well as the labor that has been invested up to that point.
* In most cases, the buyer will be provided with pictures of their piece before it ships. Please note that this is done for mutual protection/benefit. Please review these pictures carefully, and let us know if there are any issues. If we do not hear back from you once pictures are sent, we will assume you are happy with what you see, and your order will be fully completed and shipped. In select cases, usually pertaining to rush orders, pictures may not be sent prior to shipping, and the buyer, in that case, agrees to accept that risk when placing a rush order. However, whenever possible, we like to provide pictures prior to final completion and shipment of a piece.
* Satisfaction guarantee. We, of course, want you to be completely happy with your purchase. If you wish to have your piece altered for size at any time after purchase, just return it to us and we will make the adjustments for you at no cost (please note that shipping costs, each way, are your responsibility in this case). If you wish to have your piece otherwise augmented in some other way, just let us know, and we can work out a reasonable arrangement. On this subject of “satisfaction guarantee,” please be advised of the importance of reviewing the pictures we send along prior to final completion and shipment (discussed in the prior section); that is going to be the time to raise any obvious issues you believe exist with respect to your piece.
* Refunds. Generally, sales are 100% final once they have been completed and fulfilled. Full refunds are offered only in the unlikely case of an uncorrectable defect in material or workmanship. If a minor/repairable defect is noted within the first 60 days of receiving your piece, you can return it at our cost, and it will be promptly repaired and shipped back to you. Again, please note the importance of the previous section that discusses the importance of carefully reviewing the pictures we send to you before a piece is fully completed and shipped.
* If you request a piece that becomes a new creation for us, we reserve the right to include that item as a component of our standard inventory, going forward.
* SHIPPING – IMPORTANT: A “default” shipping charge is assessed at checkout. However, the actual and eventual cost to ship may be higher, based on variations in factors like ultimate size/weight of your piece, final destination, required shipping speed, etc. When your order is ready, if an additional shipping charge IS required, a separate, custom invoice for the amount due will be sent to you. Once payment is made, your piece will be sent to you. Please note that shipping is always “at cost.”
* If you have ANY questions before, during, or after your piece is ordered, created and fulfilled, please reach out to us by way of the contact form here, or through the direct email address with which you will be provided once you place your order.
* Wholesale/bulk orders. If you are a retailer interested in having Morticia’s Capes and Costumes contribute to your inventory, please contact us here.
Although we seem to have a lot of “rules” here, they are presented against a backdrop of wanting to provide the very best customer service to you, and desiring of delivering to you a piece that not only meets, but exceeds, your expectations. That said, COMMUNICATION, BOTH WAYS, IS KEY; it is going to be more difficult for us to deliver on our commitment to you if you don’t respond to us in a timely fashion when we have questions for you during the fabrication of your piece. By the same token, if you have an unsolicited question or thought for us, PLEASE do not hesitate to get with us. Again, we want you to be completely happy with your purchase, as well as with your total experience as a client of Morticia’s Capes and Costumes.Thank you so much!